How to do Art Basel in Basel
By Veronica Neo
- Be at the fair in person.
- Connect with the people around the work before you collect the work.
- Let go of the attractive work that another collector has beat you to acquiring. Find your own. View it in a private space at a later time.
- Experience part of the fair with an artist or two.
- Stay in the fair grounds for no more than a day. Unlimited deserves separate time allocation. Try not to miss important Conversations.
- Have a plan. Don’t necessarily stick to it. Say yes to last-minute invitations.
- Spend downtime at Les Trois Rois.
- Buy something by end of week.
- Plan your trip for next year.